Friday 11 April 2014

Over sized is over done


"Your clothes should be tight enough to show your a woman but loose enough to show your a lady".

I'm not entirely sure of who said this quote, so I'll just write it in a bold text over an imaginary Marilyn Monroe picture with a sienna filter and call it a day. 

I can't even count how many items of clothing I have bought over the past two years that have been labeled small or medium and in fact are actually a ten-person-tent sized garment. I suppose the blame can be placed on my shoulders occasionally because I have a habit of not looking at the size or not bothering to trudge through change rooms. But when I'm buying a chambray shirt- a basic in any wardrobe- I should not have to tailor it because of a misleading size label. 

When the trend started it seemed like a good idea, everyone needs some over sized pieces for "casual looks" (lazy days). I just personally don't enjoy looking sloppy all year round in public, maybe just January 2nd. 

Finally, I don't enjoy the cashier judging my extra small sized purchases. Clearly she doesn't understand that extra small is the new medium. Medium is the new extra large. It's a tough time to go shopping, and I will not be adopting the bohemian look anytime soon. Point blank- I don't want to be trendy if I have to look like a circus tent with skinny jeans on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment